The Certified Pool & Spa Hot Tub Technician program covers the essentials of servicing portable and permanently installed hot tubs and spas and equipment repair and replacement.
Prerequisites to Apply
- Completion of the CHTT course based on the PHTA Hot Tub Technician Manual
- Pass CHTT exam
To become certified as a CHTT (Certified Hot Tub Technician®), you must complete the CHTT course and take the CHTT Exam. An additional registration form and $115 fee for the CHTT Exam is required. The CHTT Exam is 2.5 hours long, open book, with 100 multiple choice questions. You must score 75% or better to pass (answering at least 75 questions correctly).
Choose How to Take the Exam
- On a computer at a PSI computer testing center near you. Computer testing gives immediate test results and flexible time to take the exam.
- At a PHTA national, regional, or chapter-sponsored testing event. A list of upcoming events can be found here. You will receive your exam results by US Mail approximately 3 weeks after the exam.
Please contact PHTA at email@example.com or 703-838-0083 ext. 127 for additional information on the CHTT exam and application process.
Online CHTT Course
This self-paced online format is interactive and engaging with videos, quizzes, and exercises. You have the option to purchase the full course or a specific module.
Purchase the CHTT Course
- Students who have started and need to finish the course, click here
- Students who have purchased the course but have not yet started it, click here.
Course Materials and Forms
Maintain Your Certification
Learn more about maintaining your status as a PHTA-certified individual and continue to enjoy the associated benefits. Find the recertification application here.