Click here for instructor resources.
PHTA Instructor Assessment School
The PHTA® Instructor Assessment School is designed to verify students’ ability to educate and to provide mentorship to the candidates who wish to become PHTA Instructors. The school, administered by the PHTA Instructor Education Committee, will prepare students to teach PHTA products and programs.
Application for the Assessment School
To be considered, a candidate must:
- Be 18 years or older
- Hold a CPO® Certification at least 1 year prior to submitting the application
- Complete the two online course prerequisites listed on the application
- Have 3+ years hands-on experience with chemical adjustment, backwashing of filters, water balance, and water testing.
- Complete the application and submit it to email@example.com.
Applications are reviewed on a first come, first serve basis. Completion of the application and requirements does not guarantee approval into the school.
After Submitting your Application
- PHTA will provide you with a confirmation of application receipt.
- Within 30 days of application submission, PHTA will inform you of acceptance or denial into the Instructor Assessment School.
- Upon acceptance, PHTA will provide you with the procedures to register for the Assessment School. Fees are due at time of registration.
- Once a candidate is registered, PHTA will send materials to begin preparing for the school.
- Six weeks prior to the school, PHTA will provide teaching assignments for the course.