PHTA Instructor Assessment School
The PHTA® Instructor Assessment School is designed to verify students’ ability to educate and to provide mentorship to the candidates who wish to become PHTA Instructors. The school, administered by the PHTA Instructor Education Committee, will prepare students to teach PHTA products and programs.
Application for the Assessment School
To be considered, a candidate must:
- Be 18 years or older
- Hold a CPO® Certification at least 1 year prior to submitting the application
- Complete the two online course prerequisites listed on the application:
- CPI Course
- FSP Course - Currently being updated - Please submit your application even if you have not completed this course yet.
- Have 3+ years hands-on experience with chemical adjustment, backwashing of filters, water balance, and water testing.
- Complete the application and submit it to email@example.com.
Applications are reviewed on a first come, first serve basis. Completion of the application and requirements does not guarantee approval into the school.
After Submitting your Application
- PHTA will provide you with a confirmation of application receipt.
- Within 60 days of application submission, PHTA will inform you of acceptance or denial into the Instructor Assessment School.
- Upon acceptance, PHTA will provide you with the procedures to register for the Assessment School. Fees are due at time of registration.
- Once a candidate is registered, PHTA will send materials to begin preparing for the school.
- Eight weeks prior to the school, PHTA will provide teaching assignments for the course.
Upcoming Instructor School Schedule
Tentative In-person Schedule
October 11-13, 2021
We are hopeful we can hold our event in-person, but are prepared to move virtual if need be.
Virtual Instructor School Schedule
April 11-15, 2022
Class will be held in the evening and candidates will meet on Zoom.