The Certified Pool & Spa Operator® (CPO®) certification program is the world’s leading education and certification program for keeping pools safer and keeping them open. Over 400,000 students have been trained since 1972.
CPO certification provides individuals with the knowledge, techniques, and skills required for proper pool operations. This course is available as a blended training program, and is also eligible for IACET Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
Find a CPO Class
- Students who have started and need to finish the course, click here
- Students who have purchased the course but have not yet started it, click here.
You will learn how to:
- Reduce risks in and around the water
- Prevent drowning, recreational water illness, suction entrapment, evisceration, diving accidents, electrocutions, chemical hazards, and slips and falls
- Address regulatory guidelines
- Maintain disinfection and water balance
- Manage water problems
- Perform troubleshooting, chemical testing, and record keeping
- Manage chemical feed
- Utilize automation and technology
The curriculum of CPO® Certification courses is taught by certified instructors and will cover information from the Pool & Spa Operator™ Handbook and local codes. Course completion can occur through the following:
- Classroom Course: This is a 14-16 hour, two-day program taught by a certified instructor.
- Blended Format: This fusion course allows you to take the online Pool Operator Primer and a one-day in-person class of instruction (which can also be taken as a stand-alone refresher course).
Still have questions? Email us at email@example.com.