All members of The Pool & Hot Tub Alliance agree to be dedicated to and to comply with the following ethical principles and policies:
- To contribute to the health, safety, and welfare of the public in the design, manufacture, installation, maintenance, and operation of swimming pools, spas, and hot tubs by complying with all applicable laws, ordinances, or regulations and refraining from engaging in fraudulent or deceptive acts or practices.
- To hold all necessary federal, state, and local licenses, registrations, and permits.
- To hold legally required liability insurance, workers’ compensation insurance, and bonding.
- To respect and not infringe upon the intellectual property rights of others and to refrain from using the property of others without their prior, written consent.
- To advertise products, services, and prices truthfully and consistently with all federal, state, and local advertising practices requirements.
- To establish prices in a manner that does not involve collusion with a competitor and to clearly communicate such prices to potential customers or clients prior to providing such products or services.
- To provide written sales agreements when such are requested by customers or required by law.
- To comply with the terms of all agreements, oral or written, regarding the provision of products or services.
- To respond to any consumer complaints made to any governmental authority, Better Business Bureau, or equivalent nongovernmental authority.
- To exclude from company ownership or senior management any person or entity who or which, within the past three (3) years, has been convicted of or pleaded no contest (or its equivalent) to any felony or other crime involving business or financial practices.
- To use the PHTA name, logo, and other intellectual property only when and as permitted by PHTA, and to cease all such use upon suspension from or termination of membership in PHTA.
- To file a complaint with PHTA regarding a potential violation of this Code of Ethics only when in possession of credible evidence of such potential violation.
- To cooperate fully with any PHTA investigation of a potential violation of this Code of Ethics.
- To encourage utilization of PHTA educational offerings as a means of enhancing the professional skills and business integrity of PHTA members and their employees.
PHTA Member Code of Ethics
I understand that PHTA provides services to the entire pool, spa, and hot tub industry and requires membership dues to operate effectively. I affirm that all information provided herein is true and complete and that the membership category selected accurately represents my business. I understand that PHTA occasionally uses third-party information sources to verify dues information provided to the association. I have read the PHTA Code of Ethics and agree to support the association’s efforts to grow the industry. I have read and agree to these terms.