The PHTA standards program consists of the PHTA (serving as the Secretariat), the PHTA Standards Writing Committees (SWCs), the Technical Committee of the PHTA Board of Directors (TC), and the PHTA Standards Consensus Committee (SCC) serving as the consensus body. The SCC shall be sufficiently diverse and the PHTA will strive for balance of all interested and affected parties during the development process. This is to ensure reasonable balance without dominance by one particular interest category or corporation in accordance with the ANSI Essential Requirements. By adhering to ANSI's due process of openness, balance, and consensus, PHTA standards will serve and protect the public.
Steps to approve:
- The PHTA Standards Writing Committee (SWC) drafts the content of a proposed American National Standard.
- The PHTA Technical Committee (TC) reviews the draft for technical accuracy.
- The draft then enters the ANSI balloting process for a vote of the PHTA Standards Consensus Committee (SCC) and public review. The SCC is responsible for changing and approving the technical content of the standard.
- The standard is submitted to ANSI for approval as an American National Standard.
- Technical Committee
- Standard Writing Committees
- PHTA-1 Standard Writing Committee (SWC) for Public Pool and Spa Design, Construction and Installation
- PHTA-2 SWC for Public Pool and Spa Operations and Maintenance
- PHTA-3 SWC for Permanently Installed Residential Spas and Swim Spas
- PHTA-4 SWC for Aboveground/Onground Residential Swimming Pools
- PHTA-5 SWC for Residential Inground Swimming Pools
- PHTA-6 SWC for Residential Portable Spas and Swim Spas
- PHTA-7 SWC for Suction Entrapment Avoidance In Swimming Pools, Wading Pools, Spas, Hot Tubs, and Catch Basins
- PHTA-8 SWC for Model Barrier Code for Residential Swimming Pools, Spas, and Hot Tubs
- PHTA-9 SWC for Aquatic Recreation Facilities
- PHTA-10 SWC for Elevated Pools, Spas and other Aquatic Venues Integrated into a Building or Structure
- PHTA-11 SWC for Water Quality in Public Pools and Spas
- PHTA-12 SWC for the Plastering of Swimming Pools and Spas
- PHTA-13 SWC for Water Conservation Efficiency in Residential and Public Pools, Spas, Portable Spas and Swim Spas
- PHTA-14 SWC for Portable Electric Spa Energy Efficiency
- PHTA-15 SWC for Residential Swimming Pool and Spa Energy Efficiency
- PHTA-16 SWC for Suction Outlet Fitting Assemblies (SOFA) for Use in Pools, Spas, and Hot Tubs
- Recreational Water and Air Quality Committee
- Glossary Committee