Member Profile: David Katz
- How long have you been a member of PHTA?
- Why did you join PHTA?
I was invited by some very kind and interested professionals.
- What committee/council/chapter do you currently volunteer with?
- What do you enjoy most about volunteering?
Learning, improving, and supportive friendships.
- What is your current occupation? How long have you been in the pool and hot tub industry?
I have been in pool industry for 45 years. I am a retired business owner and SR Design and sales consultant.
- What do you love most about the pool and hot tub industry?
The smile on people's faces when they see and experience the finished project.
- How do you define success?
Delivering BEYOND EXPECTATION, making clients smile, building relationships, and making MONEY!!
- Who inspires you?
Everyone that I meet with a positive and can-do attitude, my children, my colleagues, my clients!!
- If you could choose anyone as a mentor, who would you choose? Why?
Bob Blanda--he is the most impressive, dedicated professional and human being I have known.
- What’s one thing - either industry-related or not - you learned in the last month?
That there is no tooth fairy.
- What’s something about you (a fun fact) that not many people know?
I am funny!! And like to laugh.
- What’s the last book you read?
Revolutionize Teamwork by Eric Coryell
- What’s the first concert you ever attended?
- If you had to eat one meal every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Grilled Chicken with a fresh garden salad