Member Profile: David Kruse
- How long have you been a member of PHTA?
Through BioLab I have been a member of PHTA since its inception.
- Why did you join PHTA?
I see PHTA as a chance to give back to the industry as well as broaden my overall understanding of the Pool and Spa marketplace.
- What committee/council/chapter do you currently volunteer with?
I am currently on the Manufacturers Council.
- What do you enjoy most about volunteering?
The opportunity to interact with others from the manufacturing side of the business in a non-competitive environment.
- What is your current occupation? How long have you been in the pool and hot tub industry?
Director of Pro Sales for BioLab. I have been in the industry over 30 years.
- What do you love most about the pool and hot tub industry?
Family-owned businesses still make up a sizable portion of the industry.
- How do you define success?
Success for me usually is defined as creating “win-win” situations for both myself and those I am working with.
- Who inspires you?
My mom. Ninety-one years old and still going strong.
- If you could choose anyone as a mentor, who would you choose? Why?
Winston Churchill. A role model for leadership in an unbelievably challenging time.
- What’s one thing - either industry-related or not - you learned in the last month?
I learned the importance of knowing if your video is on or off during web calls.
- What’s something about you (a fun fact) that not many people know?
I spent nearly 40 years playing Rugby.
- What’s the last book you read?
The Last Great Road Bum by Hector Tobar
- What’s the first concert you ever attended?
The Beach Boys
- If you had to eat one meal every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?