Member Profile: Doug Winkler
- How long have you been a member of PHTA?
- Why did you join PHTA?
To learn from others in the industry, especially the experts.
- What committee/council/chapter do you currently volunteer with?
Mid Atlantic Chapter.
- What do you enjoy most about volunteering?
- What is your current occupation? How long have you been in the pool and hot tub industry?
President, Winkler Pool Management, Inc. 48 years.
- What do you love most about the pool and hot tub industry?
The people who work in the industry, especially the volunteers.
- How do you define success?
Earning the respect and admiration of people I work with and that I know in the industry.
- Who inspires you?
- If you could choose anyone as a mentor, who would you choose? Why?
Vince Lombardi. Mental toughness and work ethic.
- What’s one thing - either industry-related or not - you learned in the last month?
The tremendous satisfaction in donating my plasma as a COVID-19 survivor.
- What’s something about you (a fun fact) that not many people know?
That I have never owned a pool; I like the beach better!
- What’s the last book you read?
Killing Kennedy by Bill O’Reilly
- What’s the first concert you ever attended?
- If you had to eat one meal every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Linguini with white clam sauce