Member Profile: Wade Beebe
- How long have you been a member of PHTA?
Let me think… before PHTA… before APSP… so it was in the NSPI days, somewhere in the '80s??
- Why did you join PHTA?
Job requirement… and… helped me learn more about the industry.
- What committee/council/chapter do you currently volunteer with?
- What do you enjoy most about volunteering?
Getting others’ perspectives and providing insights when possible.
- What is your current occupation? How long have you been in the pool and hot tub industry?
VP, sales and marketing. Since 1983.
- What do you love most about the pool and hot tub industry?
The fact the my family has been part of it since the '70s and it has given us much to appreciate over the years.
- How do you define success?
- Who inspires you?
My wife… (she made me say that!)
- If you could choose anyone as a mentor, who would you choose? Why?
It would be my first boss at Olin in 1983. Al Tilley, smart, tenacious, caring, and always there to listen and help.
- What’s one thing - either industry-related or not - you learned in the last month?
Keep my head still when putting!
- What’s something about you (a fun fact) that not many people know?
I get to work with Jody O’Grady!
- What’s the last book you read?
Scott Pratt, Justice Redeemed
- What’s the first concert you ever attended?
Beach Boys and Doobie Bros
- If you had to eat one meal every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Chicken… any kind??