The Builder of the Year Award is a peer-nominated award given annually to one PHTA builder member who has advanced the pool building profession through outstanding achievements and dedication to the industry.
Nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Nominee is committed to being a positive role model for the profession and peers.
- Nominee must have proven track record of meeting or exceeding industry standards in designing and building pools and spas.
- Nominee has been employed in the pool, hot tub, or spa industry for at least five years.
- Nominee actively participates with PHTA at a local or national level.
- Nominee is a current employee of a PHTA member company in good standing.
The 2021 Builder of the Year nomination deadline is August 27.
- 2020: Robert Baron, Baron Pools (Posthumous) and Larry Biscornet, LBI Pools (Posthumous)
- 2018: Stephen Neville, CBP, CSP, PPSO, Island Construction Corporation
- 2017: Guy Larsen, CBP, Mid America Pool & Spa Show
- 2016: Jason Schallock, CBP, Anderson Pool Works
- 2015: John Migliaccio, CBP, The Pool & Spa Place, and Bill Shehan, CBP, Shehan Pools
- 2014: Robert Blanda, CBP, CSP, Mill Bergen Pool Center
- 2013: Dick Dal Pino, CBP, Dal Pino Quality Pools, Inc. and Dan Johnson, CBP, Swim Incorporated
- 2012: Joseph M. Vassallo, CBP, Paragon Pools
- 2011: Jeff Mitchell, CBP, Dynasty Pools
- 2010: Tommy Johnson, CBP, CSP, Johnson Pools and Spas
- 2009: Lew Akins, CBP, Ocean Quest Pools by Lew Akins
- 2008: John C. Romano, CBP, CSP, All American Custom Pools & Spas
- 2007: Al Rizzo, CBP, CSP, Rizzo Pool & Spa