The Young Professional of the Year Award is a peer-nominated award recognizing a forward-thinking leader under the age of 40 who will be the voice and next generation of pool and spa professionals.
Nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Nominee is committed to being a positive role model for the profession and peers.
- Nominee is currently under the age of 40.
- Nominee has been employed in the pool, hot tub, or spa industry for at least three years.
- Nominee actively participates with PHTA at a local or national level.
- Nominee is a current employee of a PHTA member company in good standing.
Stay tuned for information on the 2024 nomination process!
- 2023: Lance Irby, Premier Pools & Spas - Sacramento
- 2022: Caley Gibbs, Gib-San Pool & Landscape Creations
- 2021: Allen Jerabeck, Tarson Pools & Spas
- 2020: Julie Kazdin Boucher, Kazdin Pools
- 2019: Justin Ivey, Blue Wave Pool Service & Supplies, Inc,; Reid Schindler, Schindler Design Co; Travis Thompson, Cascade Custom Pools
- 2018: George Barnett, KB Custom Pools; Stephen Neville, CBP, CSP, PPSO, Island Construction Corporation; Erik Taylor, Chlorine King Pool Service; Mallory Wachowski, DesRochers Backyard Pool Co.
- 2017: Alexa Dal Pino, CBP, Dal Pino Quality Pools; Ben Cook, Superior Pools of Southwest Florid; Jeffrey Campbell, United Aqua Group/Aquatech; Joshua Henderson, Memphis Pool Supply Co.; Joshua Sharitz, HHHunt; Michael Gesmond, Heritage Pools; Mitch Katz, CBP, CSP, Elite Landscaping, Inc.
- 2016: Ben Bock, SCP Distributors, LLC; Brian Porter, Premier Pools & Spas; Brandon Miller, Cajun Pools & Spas; Jason Vaughan, CBP, National Pools of Roanoke; Jacob Durand, J & M Pool Services; Jon Krawczyk, Superior Pools of Southwest Florida; Michael Ament, Town and Country Pools; Joseph Varone, CBP, CST, All-Island Group; Stephanie O’Neil, Contemporary Watercrafters, Inc.